Monday, April 23, 2012

New Orleans

Well, the dust is finally settling after being back home and at work for 2 weeks already!  This year my New Orleans rental car was a Chevy Cruise with Tennessee plates!  Seems that I just can’t get a rental car with plates from the same state I’m driving in!  LOL  That little Cruise took us from one end of Louisiana to the other.  We ate tons of seafood and of course, my beloved muffaletta, shopped til we dropped and proved that we ARE true Maxxinistas!  We had great weather in the mid 80’s with the standard Southern humidity, but not to fear . . . I packed the vacation hair so I was good to go!

Here are some of the sights of this great city. . .

Jackson  Square / A quiet morning in the French Quarter2012-03-29 12.18.532012-03-29 12.56.45

FabUlous chandeliers in Royal Street antique stores2012-03-29 12.34.342012-03-29 11.58.52   

We just happened on this little band in the French Quarter.  You’ll need to turn off my tunes at the bottom of this page in order to full enjoy them!

We were so busy running around and checking things off the “to do list”  that I almost forgot to get a photo with the birthday girl!  Took a couple of tries but I got a pretty good one with my phone.   Happy 39th, Leah!

2012-03-30 13.14.41

The week flew by way too fast and before I knew it I was off to my next stop, Round Top Baby!

1 comment:

Charlene said...

I am soooooooo glad you 2 had so much fun because I know we did. See ya tomorrow