Sunday, July 4, 2010

I’m in a FabUlous Soldering Mood!

I spent my birthday at Terri Brush’s solder class last Sunday and actually left with 2 finished pieces!  Ok, ya know I had to “tweek” them when I got home and then had to find just the right vignette for the photo shoot.  But then we all do that, right?

First up, the FabUlous Fairy Box.  It’s a six-sided box with a mirror bottom.  Now that I know how to create one, there will definitely be more in various sizes added to the collection.

100_0785

Next, we made this adorable double-sided house complete with roof.  We started out with a paper collage (I tinted mine with Vintage Photo Distress Ink) and then added some bling cuz ya just gotta.  Sorry about the glare, but I think it helps show the bevel in the glass; these pieced are really thick.  The roof and base are double-sided slides with coordinating paper and are soldered to the house.

100_0771 100_0777

Everyone received this cute little charm in their class kit.  And then Terri gave me the chandelier crystal necklace as a birthday gift!

100_0760

There was some major focus going on, so I didn’t get any class photos but you can check out Cheryl’s blog for more.

Next up, a soldered jewelry class with Diana Frey; can’t wait!

4 comments:

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Girl, you are just a "soldering machine" I tell ya!!!!
Awesome creations!!!!
Ain't it fun????
You must be getting ready for Kim's even too...and Diana Frey? WOW!!!!
All good and fun things happen in Cali...I'm comin' to stay with you!!! tee hee!
(wouldn't that be dangerously FaBuLouS?)
Love you!!!!

Robin said...

Fabulous!!!! I am glad you had a wonderful birthday. TFS:)

Charlene said...

You did an amazing job on these treasures!!!!!!!!! I am so glad you got the whole scoop on this class & that you had a wonderful BDay doing so. I am PRAYING I will get to deliver your present in person in just a few short days! And I did love those classes we were chatting about the other night. I'll keep you posted about the doctors appointment. Also, mentioned/linked you in tonights post! HUGS!!! Charlene

Debby said...

Hi Sandy,
I am so far behind and still trying to get around to meet my blog sisters. I have never been to your blog but have enjoyed my visit, gorgeous.
Debby